As I prepared for my 3rd c-section delivery, and the 2nd scheduled, I knew when starting to pack to keep it simple. I know the things I will use, and the things I can do without for a few days. Obviously the items people take are different based on their preferences, but this is what I am taking.
For me, I know I will not be laboring, so I don't need anything for that time period. I will however, be in the hospital for at least 2 nights (really hoping for only 2).
1. Toiletries. Travel size of everything. Shampoo, face wash, toothbrush/toothpaste, mouthwash, cleansing wipes for the first night when I am still confined to a bed. I also have my make-up bag with a few items.
2. Clothes. I try to not over pack. I have a pair of pajamas, 1 going home outfit (I will also have the outfit I am wearing to to the hospital which will include a fleece jacket), 2 tank tops, socks, sports bras, underwear.
3. Hairties, clips and a headband.
1. I keep my little ones in the hospital supplied clothing until leaving, so all I have is 1 complete outfit, and a sleeper. 1 of which he will wear home.
2. A big blanket for the car ride home, and a muslin swaddler.
3. My Ipad, phone, a charger. I also need to add my wallet which has all my insurance info, and some cash.
4. A hat, some socks and the kind of pacifier we want to use.
5. The Boppy pillow, which was so nice for holding the baby the first few days when I am either not mobile or trying to be as sensitive to my abdomen as possible.
Some items I will be adding before we leave.
-my life planner and a pen/pencil (not sure if I will use it, but it goes everywhere with me)
- a hairbrush
- my husband will be packing some clothes in the suitcase as well. He will also be taking his laptop/computer bag which is why I won't be taking one myself, I can just use his.
Some items I am leaving at home on purpose.
-My own pillow....it just is another thing to remember, so I will just stick with the ones provided.
-snacks/other items for my husband....no offense, but he can fend for himself!
Also I know that if I forget something, I can either have my parents bring it to the hospital when they visit (they are staying at our house with the older siblings) or I can do without it for a few days.